On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 21:31:36 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
After this year's DConf I started to wonder if it could be beneficial to provide a slot during the conference where the speaker would do his presentation in a language other than English.

I realize that many are like me and would not be able to consume such information, which is why the suggestion is to limit talks from other languages.

My hope would be that it would help produce more language information content outside of English and strengthen those communities. Possibly uniting communities we don't see, but still center around D.

This isn't for me, such an idea is not helpful for me. Is there anyone in a position who could speak to this being a reasonable thing to try?

against reading subtitles?