On Saturday, 11 June 2016 at 14:26:20 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
Why? Because I could, I don't plan on using this for anything serious. I think "with" is my favourite D feature right now. I also wrote the Writer and State monads (not that D needs them):

I also tried this. Instead of Write and State, I tried to model the Functor > Applicative > Monad > MonadFail type hierarchy. I found no way for a good "template inheritance" construct. Overall, I quickly forgot about it, because it looks ugly and seems to have no advantage.

Thinking more conceptually, Monads should be somewhat related to input ranges, as both model a linear sequence.