On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 10:39:01 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
Have you thought about extending checkedint to something similar to bounded integer wrapper type like my `bound.d`?

I spent some time studying the possibility of a `BoundInt` type. Some conclusions I reached:

1) Designing and implementing `BoundInt` to my standards for quality and performance would be a large project of similar magnitude to what has already been done on `checkedint`, which took me about a year. (And I
      was building on the earlier work of @burner and others.)

2) `BoundInt` is not a replacement for `SafeInt` or `SmartInt`, although
      they would likely share some parts of the implementation.

3) Adding `BoundInt` later should not require any breaking changes to the
      public API of `checkedint`.

4) Pervasive, natural use of `BoundInt` in large systems (like Phobos) may cause *awful* template bloat issues, depending on the design used. (Improvements to the compiler front-end could mitigate this issue, in
      the long run.)

Given the above, I believe we should move forward with `checkedint` as-is. Someone can add a `BoundInt` type to it later, if there is demand.