On 10/11/2009 11:18, Lutger wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

I consider changing a bit D's range model following the better
understanding reflected in this article:

http://erdani.com/publications/on-iteration.html

Very good read.

- how to do ranges over a tree?
My first thought was that a tree would define preorder / inorder / postorder
ranges, and then perhaps visitors for more complex algorithms.

I asked the same question quit a while ago... I think we have to imagine a tree's branch as sub range. ( In other words, treat them like linear structures)

How to implement it? I dunno.

IMO it would make sense to implement some basic data structures for std.mutable.dtl. (Tree like structures) ...not production ready, just as Range "proof of product" test.

atm I am implementing two of them : skip lists and left leaning rb trees. Would be nice to have some support btw.