On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 at 21:23:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
I find a typeless language convenient when it's less than one screen in size. Their advantages fall away when things get larger. I don't know how people cope with a large project in a dynamic language.

By adding asserts, testing, logging and if available: static analysis. :-) Just adding an assert can help a lot on static analysis.

But I'd say that gradual typing is a pretty nice tradeoff. It is faster to iterate without all the typing syntax, and then you can add the types when you are happy with the result.

Although the best solution would probably be to throw a "switch" on the static analysis before release so that all undecided types (not able to deduce it by static analysis) are caught before the program is shipped.