On Wednesday, 15 June 2016 at 13:19:31 UTC, Konstantin wrote:
Started learning D. Like the language. However, found several people complaining about garbage collector’s reliability and performance. For me it’s a showstopper.

Possible to disable.

I don’t believe a community is capable of creating a good GC. It’s just too complex engineering task. It’s been a known problem for years, still no solution.

They've got a GSOC guy workin' on it now. I would hold off judgements until that effort is concluded.

Has anyone thought about taking GC from .NET and reusing it in D?

I don't think this would work, but I don't know enough to be able to explain why.