Hello bearophile,

When I convert a function to a templated function (for example because
I know the value of an argument at compile time, so using a template
gives me a poor's man partial compilation) the static variables get
duplicated for each instance of the function template, and I may need
to use true global variables/constants (but if you use link-time
optimization then LDC is able to remove such shared constants).

So I was thinking about a "static static" attribute that avoid moving
the statics to globals. Is this a useless idea?

Bye,
bearophile

you can kida cheet with a template scope variable

template Foo(T...) // unique var for each set of args.
{
   int bar;