On Friday, 8 July 2016 at 18:16:03 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

You may well be literally the only person on Earth who dislikes the use of "static" in "static if". -- Andrei

You have to admit that static is used in a lot of different places in D. It doesn't always mean something like compile-time either. For instance, a static member function is not a compile time member function. However, I doubt something like this is going to change, so it doesn't really bother me.

I liked the way that the Sparrow language (from the presentation you posted a few weeks ago) did it. Instead of static if, they use if[ct].