After I started to get into a near usable state with my game engine, which originally called as VDP-engine, now it's renamed to Pixel Perfect ( https://github.com/ZILtoid1991/VDP-engine ), I was thinking on creating some software synths, but I find the conventional midi lacking in feature. After some research on the web, I found Open Sound Control as a perfect candidate, however it's not only lacks a standard namespace, but also barely supported.

On the other hand, I want to code something else besides my engine (although I think I'll publish the Extendible Bitmap (a bitmap file format capable of storing multiple images and animations in a single file) as a separate library), etc. I even thinking about creating an OSC file, similar to midi files with its own editor. Or should I write a framework instead with nice retro aesthetics? I already wrote one for my engine, so I can have a nice windowing framework for the engine's editor, although it lacks functionality and uses the CPU for drawing.