On Saturday, 30 July 2016 at 22:20:49 UTC, Cauterite wrote:
On Saturday, 30 July 2016 at 22:05:29 UTC, cym13 wrote:
[...]

It does work with common structs:

Sorry, I hadn't noticed.

But anyway, you don't need to convince me that having a native language feature would be superior to this template nonsense :P It's just a workaround for the moment (albeit a bloody powerful workaround!)

Although I do like being able to both define and instanciate a structure in the same expression (especially with unions). Maybe that could be a future extension to your DIP.

I think it should be a different DIP, while I find the idea interesting it doesn't share the same purpose as far as I can tell.