On Friday, 5 August 2016 at 02:37:35 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
In adding some overflow detection to Phobos, I discovered that some allocations were never called by the unittests. Adding a unittest for those paths, I discovered those paths didn't work at all for any cases.

I'm not giving up coverage testing anytime soon, regardless of what some study claims :-)

:)

Like I said, measuring coverage is important, what isn't is using it as a measure of the quality of the tests themselves. The other important thing is to decide whether or not certain lines are worth covering, which of course you can only do if you have the coverage data!

Mutant testing could have found those code paths you just mentioned, BTW: you'd always get surviving mutants for those paths.

Atila