On Thursday, 4 August 2016 at 22:20:12 UTC, Seb wrote:

OT: 2.071.0 has been released in April - you may check more often ;-)

That - 2.071.0 - was actually a typo - I meant to type 2.071.1 - which I read (probably on a recent edition of This Week in D) has been released recently.

I never use(d) Windows, but I can help you in the way that there are no persistent settings. A DMD installation is completely independent in it's folder. Hence you can safely install the new version in the same directory, but I would make at least a copy of the old version first - just in case any regression popped in.

The only configuration file is `dmd.conf` (for common flags), a user usually doesn't need to modify it, so I would be surprised if you did.

Thanks for the answers.