On Saturday, 6 August 2016 at 19:51:11 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 8/6/2016 2:48 AM, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
I don't know what the point of fusedMath is.
It allows a compiler to replace two arithmetic operations with single composed one, see AVX2 (FMA3 for intel and FMA4 for AMD) instruction set.

I understand that, I just don't understand why that wouldn't be done anyway.

Some applications requires exactly the same results for different architectures (probably because business requirement). So this optimization is turned off by default in LDC for example.