This book is the granddaddy of all the computer game books.

https://archive.org/details/bitsavers_decBooks10Mar75_26006648

They are a bunch of simple text mode games. They're a great way to learn programming while having some fun.

I've idly thought that it would be a great vehicle for teaching D to kids. (That is, if any kids these days would have the remotest interest in a text mode game.) It's sometimes surprising to me how compact these games are that still do something clever.

Note that the listings have been OCR'd (in the downloadable PDF), which would make them a lot easier to cut/paste the code into an editor then translate away.