On 11/08/2016 9:06 PM, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
```
void foo() {
    int c;

    int* e;
    e = &c; // Error, lifetime(e's view) is ∞ and is greater than
lifetime(c)
}
```

The DIP should make clear that this is wanted for a container library.
Additionally, I miss how this DIP fits in the overall plan of getting
rid of the GC. As long as there isn't a written masterplan how to
combine those ideas I consider this DIP to be incomplete.

I think this change is not worth it. I believe there is an inherent
trade-off for every programming language between usability and
theoretically correctness. And IMO this DIP is pushing D way to far in
the direction of theoretically correctness. There are far more important
things for the adoption of D, like making the frontend a library,
shipping with multiple backends.

I strongly disagree with this.
If you need proof of where it can be used checkout my managed[0] memory concept.

[0] https://github.com/rikkimax/alphaPhobos/blob/master/source/std/experimental/memory/managed.d