On Thursday, 18 August 2016 at 23:50:34 UTC, karabuta wrote:
That will be way better, don't know why markdown is not used already.

ddoc is *significantly* older than markdown, especially for popular use.

When ddoc came out, *it* was the "clean" syntax for inline docs. But then Walter fell a bit too much in love with it...

Ddoc was poorly designed, Walter's lack of experience in web matters shows pretty clearly in it, but it wasn't necessarily a bad decision for its time, then it just got entrenched.

If we wanted to move away from it, someone would have to write a new generator and fork the docs and do thousands of changes to bring them to a new system....

I don't know anyone crazy enough to do that.

http://dpldocs.info