== Quote from Steven Schveighoffer (schvei...@yahoo.com)'s article
> On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:40:10 -0500, Walter Bright
> <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:
> > grauzone wrote:
> >> Ever heard of Tango?
> >
> > Yes, and I'd be happy to:
> >
> > 1. have Tango available for D2 and work with Druntime.
> >
> > 2. move individual packages from Tango to Phobos. This would require
> > permission from the author(s) of those packages, as they'd need to be
> > relicensed. (Tango uses the BSD license which seems to require notice on
> > all binaries compiled with it, this is unacceptable for Phobos.) So far,
> > only Sean and Don have been willing to do this.
> Tango is dual-licensed.  The other license it uses (the Academic Free
> License 3.0) allows binary distribution without attribution.
> See http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/License
> -Steve

Is there a plain English explanation of the Academic Free License anywhere?  I
read this somewhere on the Tango website before, but I wasn't sure how
significant
it was, since the Academic Free License is dense, long legalese w/o any plain
English explanations.

It would be truly great if Tango could be used under a license with
permissiveness
equivalent to the Boost license.  It would help mend a pretty significant rift
in
the D community that started over a minor technicality.