On Wednesday, 7 September 2016 at 12:14:46 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
http://dlang.org/phobos/std_typecons.html#.scoped

This is the kind of hackaround I'd need to do if it were a class... And it would require more hacking around than the standard library supports. And it's a spiraling-out-of-control hack, which would effectively mean every C++ matching class will need to define a class and then an alias with the scoped type, and then that means the pattern matching I've been creating for function linkups won't work any more...

static opCall() and a static alloc function for allocating on the heap are still looking like the simplest options here.