On Thursday, 22 September 2016 at 05:38:53 UTC, HaraldZealot wrote:
So it seems to be essential point. But because we already have the same problem with UFCS, I don't see why we should prohibit external overloading of operator, it is just inequality (in political sense) for operators :)

I'm not sure that it's fundamentally different from issues that can affect other functions. I seem to remember running into some issues along these lines when I tried defining math functions (e.g. `cos`) to work with an `Imaginary` type I was trying to add to `std.complex`.

If you're writing generic math code and you want to take the cosine of a number whose type is not explicitly known, how do you know which `cos` to use?