Bill Baxter wrote:
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Clay Smith <clay.smit...@gmail.com> wrote:
bearophile wrote:
Clay Smith:

I would like my all.d files to not give errors :o<
"all.d" files are a hack used to patch one of the minor holes of the
current D module system. The right way to do that is with a syntax like
(that must not import the 'foo' name too in the current namespace, only the
names inside "std.foo"):

import std.foo: *;

Every part of a language needs to be designed with care. Approximate
designs with several holes aren't enough.

Bye,
bearophile
That would be a nice feature.

It would be a convenient feature, but in both Java and Python where
they have this feature, its use is frowned upon.

--bb

Yes. Even Eclipse protests about that and suggests you replace the umbrella import with a detailed list.