On Wednesday, 28 September 2016 at 20:18:06 UTC, pineapple wrote:
This is not and was not intended to be a glorious, incredible addition to the language. It is meant to shove D a couple inches further in the direction of modern programming constructs. Everywhere a programmer can use `else` instead of mucking about with a boolean success flag and having to make absolutely sure the code intended to handle a success state doesn't and will never be modified to throw an exception that the error handling code isn't designed for means less time spent on tedium, and less opportunity for programmer error.

Or, more concisely:

Just because we have `for` doesn't mean we reject `foreach`.

Just because we have `while` doesn't mean we reject `for`.

Just because we have `goto` doesn't mean we reject `while`.