On Sunday, 2 October 2016 at 03:36:31 UTC, Manu wrote:
This comes up a lot.
As far as I know, it's not solved. What shall we do?

I feel like a simple solution would be to have the compiler emit a <filename>_mixin.d file populated with all the mixin expansions beside the .obj files, and have the debuginfo refer to that fabricated source file?

It might look a little bit weird jumping into code where the surrounding scope is not visible (unless that were copied over too?), but it's better than what we have now.

Are there any other commonly proposed solutions?

We should create a file where the string-mixins are expanded, I agree. However I am not sure if this is a quick-fix or a more tricky thing.

In theory the PrettyPrinter we have should give as a way to produce such a file.

I have been meaning to work on this issue for a while now, alas there is always something else to do :)