On Tuesday, 11 October 2016 at 06:09:03 UTC, Thomas Mader wrote:
I worked with NSIS and InnoSetup. InnoSetup is much cleaner and easier. At work we switched from NSIS to InnoSetup and we create MSI packages from NSIS and InnoSetup packages IIRC. I think it's better to go with InnoSetup because it might be more easy and probably more powerful than building MSI directly. But I don't have any experience with building an MSI installer and the feature set of MSI.
We are also signing the installer and all exe and DLLs inside.

I was right. We create the MSI package out of the InnoSetup executable with a minimal xml config for WiX.