On Thursday, 13 October 2016 at 13:32:42 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
https://github.com/syl20bnr/spacemacs/issues/7374

Anyone familiar with the editor?

It's basically a sophisticated "config file" for GNU Emacs that aims to provide a "modern text editor" experience out-of-the-box within Emacs (the vanilla Emacs looks pretty alien to a newcomer/come-by-er).

As far as I can tell, the thing is pretty popular within Emacs community (my guess is ~10,000 users - based on the "number of downloads" jump after one of my packages was included into spacemacs). The project is also well-documented and well-maintained, communication with maintainers is always a pleasure.