On Thursday, 13 October 2016 at 15:19:17 UTC, Guillaume Chatelet wrote:
Pretty cool talk by Chandler Carruth on undefined behavior. It reminds me of a bunch of conversations than happened on this mailing list. I bet Walter will like it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG1OZ69H_-o

I was not very impressed to be honest. His argument is that this is an error, but really this isn't or people wouldn't be that mad at undefined behavior. He rejected plateform defined behavior on ground that aren't very solid. That would solve the shift problem very nicely.

His argument about indices was also weak as it tells more about the need to use size_t rather than 32 bits indices when doing indices computation.