On Saturday, 15 October 2016 at 18:03:54 UTC, Nordlöw wrote:
On Saturday, 15 October 2016 at 17:48:13 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
To be honest I find this system way more useful that the function attribute @nogc. My trait is here (https://github.com/BBasile/iz/blob/master/import/iz/memory.d#L145) but it's quite similar to the one used in EMSI containers (with diagnostic added).

Ok, great! I'll use your solution for now in phobos-next.

BTW: I took a look at `iz`. Loads of nice stuff, there! You and I have some serious work integrating all our D snippets into Phobos! Thanks.

I've given up with the idea of proposing my stuff in phobos. About memory there would also have be: - allocators-based factory (https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4062)
- @nogc dispose (https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4351)

But each time the PR was a failure. Since last spring I've stopped to think that my stuff would be useful and I hole up in my user library.

Even some simple bug fixes can be completely ignored during weeks, even if reviewed:
- https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4439
- https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4475
- https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4296

After a while it becomes clears that it's a loss of time. What's a definition of madness already ? Trying always the same thing (here: make phobos PRs) and expecting a different result (here: being merged)...