On 10/17/2016 7:54 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
You mean like that time I spent at least 2 years fighting for
final-by-default, won over the entire community except for a single
person who said they were indifferent (who I forget who was).
Even you begrudgingly conceded (or at least appeared to), the change
was implemented, reviewed, merged, and then Andrei appeared back from
holiday or wherever, and got angry that it happened in his absence and
said he would *never* approve such a thing, and immediately reverted
the patch...?

One of the most democratic experiences of my life ;)

I would be involved in the 'scope' DIP, but I fear my contribution
would work against my interests. I'm currently unhappy with it, but I
don't really care anymore. I've lost sight of the dream ;)
I just want to be able to pass an rvalue to a function that receives a
const ref... that's why I came to this forum in the first place like,
7 years ago. 7 years later... still can't.

You've gotten user defined attributes in the language (and very undemocratically, I might add!), Win64 support, VC++ symbolic debug info, a number of improvements to C++ class support, SIMD support, SIMD intrinsics, pragma inline, yeah, we never listen to you :-)

You've been a large influence over D, and a very positive one.