On Saturday, 22 October 2016 at 22:05:54 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Saturday, October 22, 2016 23:13:28 Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d wrote:
I'm ready to participate (but I can't invest too much time at the moment). Are we going with @rvalue ref?

That would certainly be my preference - at least out of what's been discussed thus far.

- Jonathan M Davis

With move semantics in mind, I'm wondering if there may be a better word.

Currently in D, IIRC, explicit moving can be done through by-value arguments. If you want to move explicitly from an lvalue, you can use D's std.move(lvalue). The downside is an extra blit/init into the rvalue that's returned by std.move. Then, the function that takes the rvalue may blit again in order to store the contents that are being moved in.

As an alternative, non-const '@rvalue ref param' could be used...but would it be clear enough to people(seeing non-const @rvalue) that the contents of the argument could potentially be consumed/moved-from?