On Friday, 21 October 2016 at 19:00:55 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
On 10/20/2016 10:16 PM, Chris M. wrote:
So I know you can do some pattern matching with templates in D, but has there been any discussion about implementing it as a language feature,
maybe something similar to Rust's match keyword
(https://doc.rust-lang.org/stable/book/patterns.html)? What would your
guys' thoughts be?

What I've been really wanting for a long time is the one-two combo of Nemerle's variants and pattern matching:

https://github.com/rsdn/nemerle/wiki/Grok-Variants-and-matching

There is std.variant, though I haven't used it much myself and don't know how well it compares. Seems like that library would provide a good basis for providing pattern matching though.