On Wednesday, 26 October 2016 at 10:48:34 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
On a more controversial note, I sometimes replace nested blocks of conditionals and loops with flat spaghetti code and goto with verbose labels. There are situations where you can explain straight forward what needs to be done first, second and last, but special cases and loops make it hard to tell from "normal" code.

Speaking of Linus, that's idiomatic in the Linux kernel for error handling.

I like using D's nested functions for simplifying code in the same kind of way. Sometimes a tiny helper function can make a big difference.