On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 at 03:36:42 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

Last time I looked our associative arrays were arrays of singly-linked lists.

F.Y.I. It now appears to use quadratic probing since druntime PR #1229.

Each hashtable would have its own freelist, or alternatively all hashtables of the same types share the same freelist.

How do you return memory to the freelist when GC is expected to managed memory of the entries?

We no longer GC.free since your PR (#1143.)

Without belaboring the point, I think we'd better off with good library AA offerings as well.