On Sunday, 20 November 2016 at 15:37:50 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
Furthermore I need to extend my bc_tests. to make sure the interpretation is the same.
Such that this bug cannot happen again.

I have extended my test-suite to test this case.
It is crucial that the c backend and the interpreter back-ends do always return the same correct value. As those are both testable at CTFE.

I have plans to implement a small CTFEable instruction-set-simulator for the intel 486 processor. That way I can make sure that my x86-backend does what it is supposed to do.
However this is further down the road :)