On Sunday, 20 November 2016 at 11:21:55 UTC, Joakim wrote:
Mike Parker has done a fantastic job with the D blog: I really like the unique direction he's taken, focusing on D users and their first-hand experiences.

Thanks! And thanks for writing this post.

We're missing these tech posts on the D blog

I put out a call here for more technical oriented articles a couple of weeks ago. It did generate a bit of response, but it's all of the 'when I have time' variety, which I fully understand. For someone who is not a writer, such posts require a not insignificant chunk of time from the normal routine.

I know why this doesn't happen: these articles take more time and effort than a couple hours answering questions over email. But for major selling points of D, it needs to be done. Ideally, the article would be written by the technical author, as they know the code best, but it doesn't have to be.

For what it's worth, Walter and Andrei have each committed to a post for some point in the near future. I expect to have them published before the end of the year. I've also tentatively got a couple of compiler-related posts from a couple of others in the pipeline, but I can't guarantee when they will get to me.

And, for anyone reading this, it's not just article proposals I'm after. Suggestions pointing me to potential articles are just as good. I can find projects and companies using D just fine, so I don't need help there. What I need is for people who notice some technically interesting use of D to solve a challenge to contact me and let me know who to approach about a potential post. The 'find' post came because Andrei linked me up with Andreas. The '@trusted' article happened because Steven was already planning a post on the topic for his own blog when I contacted him. The regex post came because I remembered Dmitry posting in the forums about some big performance gains back in May.

I'm sure I can find material if I look hard enough, but it's time consuming. In complete sympathy with those who have delayed their contributions to the blog, I don't have that kind of time right now. Help is always appreciated.