On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 at 16:54:44 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 11/23/2016 10:52 AM, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
I started with Engines as basis. The library will be very different comparing with Phobos and _any_ other RNG libraries in terms of floating
point generation quality. All FP generation I have seen are not
saturated (amount of possible unique FP values are very small comparing with ideal situation because of IEEE arithmetic). I have not found the idea described by others, so it may be an article in the future.

Is this a design matter, or an implementation matter? Could you implement the superior FP generation on the existing std.random API?

Real uniform `rand` (-2^^exp, +2^^exp) and real UniformVariable [a, b) was added. `rand` dose not use IEEE arithmetic to generate a real random number. --Ilya