On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 at 12:15:20 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling wrote:
Yea, I think you put your finger on it: almost all of the stuff this feature could help achieve in Phobos could be just as well achieved by splitting stuff up better.

no, it can't. why should i remember that i have to import "std.range.xyz" for something? of course, i will write `import std.range;` and forget about it. no kind of splitting will allow me to have self-contained "hygienic" declarations.

finally, some DIP that addresses something i really think about almost every day.