On Monday, 19 December 2016 at 19:57:45 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
On Monday, 19 December 2016 at 19:52:43 UTC, Ilya Yaroshenko wrote:
How this can work for libraries? Please read this thread.
This is not realistic. This a huge constraint for D libraries to be modular, replaceable and distributed in binary form.

They can be at the MIR level.

How this can work: Mir libraries are distributed as static and dynamic libs, whatever. Each one of these links statically with the same druntime and libphobos. When the user replace one MIR library it also replaces the others.

I don't see what isn't realistic here.

See also: CUDA, Intel Performance Primitives...
People update CUDA in bunch, they don't use cuDNN from release 6.15 with cuRuntime from release 7.8

Mir CPUID was created for Mir GLAS, which is BLAS implementation.

How Mir GLAS be a default BLAS implementation in linux distributives if it is depends on DRuntime?

What about other non Mir numerical library written in Dlang, say for FFT?

How they should be linked together.

This example is already in this thread multiple times.

Do you propose to constraint Dlang library distribution in binary form?

I do not write D libraries for Dlang. I wrote them for people, which uses different languages. Most of them do not know about D.