On Tuesday, 20 December 2016 at 15:17:56 UTC, Benjiro wrote:
I do not recall seeing on the C++ and other forums this constant attitude from fix it yourselves or put it in the libraries or ... Its mostly on the smaller languages where they lack people. And at the same time, that is a very scary though for companies who want to use a language.

I think it's important to be realistic. One of D's limitations is that it does not have the money of Microsoft or Intel behind it, and it does not have hundreds of billion-dollar corporations depending on it for critical business operations. Volunteer organizations will be run differently from outfits that have large budgets to pay people to do the ugly work. This is not an excuse, it is simply the current state of affairs.