On 01/01/2017 4:46 PM, Adam Wilson wrote:
On 12/31/16 7:31 PM, rikki cattermole wrote:
We do indeed need a good database abstraction.
But a core requirement for any implementation has yet to be met.

There has to be a standard way for asynchronous sockets. To implement
this we need to take into consideration the event loop that it uses and
more importantly allow it to be integrated for e.g. windowing.

So here is a dependency before we get a database abstraction into
Phobos, a nice fast event loop manager that is generic.

Or, alternatively, use existing drivers that have this capability built in?

Which is fine if all you use is c's sockets or only that database connection for a thread.

Which is not very realistic for game or web development.