On 2017-01-03 09:38, Chris Wright wrote:

You are unable to interact with two different databases in the same
executable using the same library. For instance, if you're using
hibernated, either you compiled it to connect to mysql, or you compiled
it to connect to oracle.

That's true. And that's why I said it's difficult to design an API without trying it in code :)

In exchange, you get...slightly less GC usage. It's not *no* GC usage --
you'll see a bunch of buffers allocated to hold incoming and outgoing
messages. You'll just peel back one layer of it.

1. I hope there won't be that many buffers in the API, at least not in the user facing API

2. Buffers say nothing how they're allocated. With classes on the other hand, you're basically forced to allocate with the GC

You'd be much better off asking that we encourage the use of
std.experimental.allocator in the driver interface.

Then I'll ask for that as well :)

--
/Jacob Carlborg