On Monday, 9 January 2017 at 23:08:49 UTC, Ignacious wrote:
I try to post something, thinks it's spam, asks me to solve the captcha, then when I do, says I have to wait to post... which I do, then asks me to solve the captcha, then wait to post, then asks me to solve the captcha, etc... ad infinitum.

The issue seems that one has to wait to solve the captcha. If you solve it within 15 seconds or so then the web site think's you are flooding. The time measuring should start after we solve the captcha successfully not before as it results in preventing quick solves from actually sending any messages. It will still prevent flooding because it will be in play for the next message, but it shouldn't be in play for the first message one sends since it prevents real users from posting normally.