On Tue, 2017-01-24 at 19:34 +0000, qznc via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 24 January 2017 at 14:27:15 UTC, aberba wrote:
> > Which one works well? I'm more concerned about syntax
> > highlighting and line numbering (in some cases). Support for
> > custom fonts.
>
> I used Sphinx here: https://qznc.github.io/d-tut/
>
> The syntax "ReStructured Text" is more ugly than Markdown, but
> has more features (e.g. different kinds of blocks). Sphinx can
> generate HTML, LaTeX, EPub, and more.
>
> http://www.sphinx-doc.org/

ReStructuredText and Sphinx is used in many places, but much of it is
ugly, particularly compared to Asciidoctor (which has it's own warts)
and XeLaTeX (which also has some).

In the end it all gets tribal, and is down to personal taste.

I am sad for the demise of FrameMaker on Solaris.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net