On Wednesday, 1 February 2017 at 23:49:29 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 11:49:25PM +0000, Mike via

We would love to change the defaults, but unfortunately that boat has already sailed a long time ago. If we could do it all over again, I'm sure a lot of defaults would be the opposite of what they are today. But we can't reasonably change that now without massive breakage of current code.

My opinion is that the current situation is not that bad: it's some sort of bottom-up approach.

Almost always, in a company, programmers are under time pressure and rushing, so I bet that almost always they will add a @system: on the top of the module.

Maybe not true, but It come in my mind the Java "throw Exception" parade in function declaration....

/Paolo