On 24/02/2017 11:55 AM, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
The virtual server that is running code.dlang.org has frozen about an
hour ago and fails to boot further than to the bootloader. Initial
attempts to recover from within Grub have failed and it's unclear what
the root cause is. I will instead set up a replacement server with the
latest backup from 20 hours ago as soon as it becomes available.

It's really about time to install a permanent backup server to keep the
registry available in such cases. I will try my best to allocate time to
make this happen, but I'm severely constrained currently and any helping
hand would make a big difference. What needs to be implemented is a mode
for the DUB registry [1] that works without the userman database and
instead just polls code.dlang.org for changes (may also require some new
REST API end points to be able to acquire all needed data).

[1]: https://github.com/dlang/dub-registry/

Another thing I would like us to have is a local cache of all packages known, so that when outages do happen it can be managed ok-ish for how are up to date.