On 03/01/2017 12:25 PM, Jack Stouffer wrote:
I agree. We have a lot to improve in terms of marketing.

Mainly our messaging is jumbled.

Rust = memory safety
Go = the best runtime around
D = everything I guess?

And the problem is that D is good at everything (IMO), so how do we go
about marketing to everyone without getting our messages mixed up in the
public's view.

Yea, its kinda depressing that programmers will be cold towards D, and admit flat-out it's because D *isn't* a one-trick pony centered around once single gimmick. (I've encountered that myself. Such a facepalm inducer. "Polyglot programming" has rotted people's brains.)