On Sunday, 5 March 2017 at 21:00:32 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
On 3/5/17 6:17 PM, Las wrote:
Is Phobos compiled with LTO enabled?

LTO is *link* time optimization so I'd say it makes no sense for libraries, as they are not linked.

Static libraries _are_ linked into your executable and LTO is very relevant for libraries. Having druntime and/or Phobos compiled with LTO enabled can provide massive speedups. I have not worked on it yet, but it'd be awesome if we could ship LDC with LTO versions of druntime and Phobos. PRs with additions to our CMake files are very welcome! :-)

cheers,
  Johan