On Tuesday, 4 April 2017 at 02:43:26 UTC, evilrat wrote:
String interpolation would be nice too, it would really help with readability!

If you mean runtime interpolation, that means one has to bundle the interpreter with the executable, and sacrifice alot of code speed. I recall that there is a DUB package which lets you use DMD as interpreter but it is Linux-only. Also Arsd-official library does contain an interpreter of some sort of script language that looks much like D, but is not quite. Stupid D compiler, if it some day compiles the standard library, I believe it will become a good interpreter.

But if all you want is to construct some code in interpreter-like way at compile time, string mixin does precisely that.