On Friday, 7 April 2017 at 14:47:03 UTC, Marco Leise wrote:
Am Thu, 06 Apr 2017 05:24:07 +0000
schrieb Joakim <dl...@joakim.fea.st>:

D is currently built and optimized for that dying PC platform.

As long as the world still needs headless machines running
web sites, simulations, cloud services, ...;
as long as we still need to edit office documents, run
multimedia software to edit photos and video, play AAA video
games the "PC master race" way;
I'm confident that we have a way to go until all the
notebooks, PCs and Macs disappear. :)

I'd say we just have /more/ fully capable computers around us
nowadays. I'd probably roughly split it into
- web/cloud server machines, often running VMs
- scientific computation clusters
- desktops (including notebooks)
- smart phones
- embedded devices running Linux/Android (TVs, receivers,
  refrigerators, photo boxes, etc...)

perhaps we need need real data as to what markets are really growing ?