On 2017-04-19 03:45, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
On Saturday, 15 April 2017 at 20:04:13 UTC, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
I've been wanting to have support for interpolated strings in D for some time now that will allow you to write e.g.:
[...]

One place I'd appreciate interpolated strings is as an option when working with heredoc strings. These strings are often multiple lines or paragraphs, using format style construction is often error-prone due to length.

--Jon

So, that makes 2 otherwise error-prone use-cases.
The first being keeping arguments & format string in sync (Jonathan Marler).
And they actually compound! (Large strings get out of sync quicker I would guess)

And, I would like to add that this is are very newby friendly feature.
Nowadays people might even expect a language to have this.