On 04/20/2017 12:45 PM, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
Using Thunderbird to access this NG, but as of about a couple months ago
(IIRC), this problem started happening. Anybody else having this problem?:

When I try to select a new unread message to read, I've got roughly a
10% or so chance that it'll fail with a "The connection was refused when
attempting to contact news.digitalmars.com:119."

But here's the weird thing: Once that error DOES occur, then ALL further
attempts to download/view a new post fail with the same error...until I
hit "Get Messages" or switch to a different sub-forum and then back,
which consistently fixes the issue (until it happens again a few
messages later).

*Looks* like a server/network issue but behaves like a screwy local issue.

Started happening more in recent weeks.

I don't select automatic checking for messages. I just click on a newsgroup and it fails at differing rates. (Pretty good in the last couple of days.) When it fails, for me the cure is to click on another D newsgroup to make a successful connection and then come back to the failed one; then it always succeeds.

Ali