On Saturday, 22 April 2017 at 08:33:04 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Fri, 2017-04-21 at 21:20 -0700, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:

[…]
I've never heard of anyone doing anything like this in any language. Normally, you'd just say that someone is a D programmer or a C++
programmer
or a Java Programmer, etc. But then again, I come from a C++
background, not
a scripting language background, and the folks who primarily use
scripting
languages often tend to look at things differently.

I guess most people using scripting languages are just Bashing things together.

;-)

Awk! What you sed? ;)

just Bashing things together

Nice joke, but not necessarily true in reality. There could be people writing good solid code in scripting languages and the reverse in compiled ones too - in fact I've seen code of some very poor (in quality and knowledge) C developers, who know very little of the ins and outs of the language (pointers and memory management in particular, but other areas too). That's one of the reasons why we have so many buffer overflows and exploits, though of course, I acknowledge, it's not easy to write perfect C code that does not have those issues. I actually worked years ago, for a while, on a legacy banking software product written in C - in maintenance mode - after almost all the original developer team had left the company. Saw some really bad code. Variables like zzy123 were the least of it ... Not a reflection on the language at all, only on those developers.